JStaying active within our community by giving back, educating, and supporting our neighbors in other important ways is an integral part of our practice! Keep up with all of the community involvement that we are part of right here!
"Embrace Your Smile" Scholarship
We love recognizing and awarding the strong academic achievements of our patients, and our "Embrace Your Smile" Scholarship is a special way to contribute to further education of outstanding students. We encourage you to click the image below to learn more about our scholarship or apply!
As a practice dedicated to improving the lives of those around us, our involvement with the Make-A-Wish Foundation is such an important part of our fabric. We work closely with the foundation to fulfill our vision to grant children with life-threatening medical conditions in our community with life-changing experiences. We know that a wish granted for a child is much more than a single experience and that it improves their lives and those around them in so many special ways.
Educational School Visits, Health Fairs, Continuing Education Credits and Other Appearances
Providing oral health education to the students at our local schools helps promote great habits for happy and healthy smiles! We also aim to educate our community and referring dental offices as a whole. Here is a list of upcoming community educational visits and office events:
- April 19, 2018 Deer Lakes Primary
- April 14, 2018 Girl Scout Troop
- April 20, 2018 Wexford Spring Fling
- April 28, 2018 11am – 4pm; Lower Valley Health Fair at the Taylor Building 1331 Freeport Rd. Cheswick, PA 15024
- July 3, 2018 Hampton Community Days
- July 14, 2018 Cranberry Community Days
Continuing Education Credits for referring dental offices:
- May 10, 2018 ~ Medical Emergencies for the Dental Professional; 3 CE available. Location is at GKG Ortho, 1000 Brooktree Rd., Ste. 200 Wexford, PA 15090, starts at 6 pm - 9 pm. Speaker : John Brewer. DiBella's subs will be served. Space is very limited. (Limited) CLASS IS CLOSED, IT IS FULL!
- June 7, 2018 ~ Common Lesions of the Oral Cavity: Diagnosis and Management 1.5 CE available. Wildwood Country Club at 6:00 pm Speaker: Dr. Elizabeth Ann Bilodeau will be lecturing from the University of Pittsburgh. (Limited)
- September 13, 2018 ~ HIPAA Practices for a Dental Office; 2 CE available. Wildwood Country Club at 6:00 pm. Speaker: Matthew Spady, Clym Environmental Services, LLC. (Open)
- October 11, 2018 ~ Our 2nd annual hygiene event for our referring offices, with Naomie Moffat from Sonicare at Boyd & Blair Distilleries in Shaler, PA. (Limited to RDH ONLY)
- October 18, 2018 ~ Nick Zaksek CE on Pharmacology (Limited)
- November 1, 2018 ~Colgate presents "Oral Implications in Older Adults, a Growing Need for Care" 2 CE (Limited)
To register for any of the CE lectures above please email Mel at firstname.lastname@example.org, please provide your name the way you would like it to appear on your certificate and what referring office you are employed with. Some of the CE classes are just for dentist, hygienists & EFDA's, who are required to have continuing education credits, others are for the whole team. After each lecture it will say if it is limited (DENTIST, RDH, EFDA'S) or open to the whole team. We look forward to seeing you at one of our events, please feel free to reach out to Mel with any questions pertaining to these lectures (724) 935-9222.
Dr. Grady and Mel continue to give monthly lectures to general dentists, pediatricians, and ENTS!
We welcome groups (homeschooled children, Girl Scouts/BoyScouts, etc.) to come in for field trips! We also welcome students who are considering a career in orthodontics to come in to job shadow.
If you would like GKG Orthodontics to visit your school for a dental presentation or a community/health event, please contact Mel at (742) 935-9222 or email@example.com.
The amazing people at the Sarah Heinz House sent us a lovely thank you note for our volunteer efforts, and we want to share it with you all!
To learn more about the incredible work the Sarah Heinz House is doing, we encourage you to visit their website at http://www.sarahheinzhouse.org/about/.
From the desk of Dr. Gornick,
I wanted to reach out to you and tell you about the buzz you created amongst the parents and members down here. The Friday following the health fair I had the chance to talk to several parents of members who got to take part in the health fair. They couldn’t express how awesome they thought the program was just because their kids where coming home and running into the bathroom saying, 'I HAVE TO BRUSH MY TEETH.' The parents thanked me and Maggie for running a great program; however, I knew it wouldn’t have been a success without you! I just thought it was funny that parents where so happy that their kids where brushing their teeth without being asked before bed and that was the story parents where telling me! I wanted to share that with you because I know you would appreciate it!
Thanks for all your hard work and the staff that came down to help! They were all fantastic!
Donated Dental Services
Since 2000, Drs. Grady, Kastner, and Gornick, along with our team, have worked closely with the Donated Dental Services organization to help deliver the happiest and healthiest smiles to those who would otherwise be unable to receive such awesome care. Giving back to our community by donating our time, resources, and expertise is important for GKG Orthodontics, and we are honored to have the opportunity to serve those in need.